Saturday, November 24, 2012

Peacock Perfection

This year I decided to do something completely different from the usual red and green theme for my wreath. I saw this absolutely gorgeous peacock tablescape and have been inspired to do something peacock themed. I went for it and decided to do a peacock themed wreath, so I headed to my go to craft store Hobby Lobby. I started with a plain green wreath and then found some glittery peacock feathers, sprays in bright cyan, electric blue, and greenish blue colors, and electric blue ornaments. So the challenge was making it all come together because it was touch and go at the beginning. The thing about wreaths is that you just have to start somewhere and just go for. For me, it will never turn out how I am expecting it to and that's okay.
I created a layer over the greenery with the electric blue glittery sprays I had. I filled in the gaps with the greenish blue sprays and added two of the peacock feathers at the top. For the finishing touches, I added three ornaments randomly and then filled in with the smaller sprays I had. It definitely was a little scary because when I first started it looked like a disaster. Fortunately, everything came together and I love it. It's unusual and I am proud that I got it to come together. This season don't be afraid to do something different and be inspired by the things you see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment