Monday, October 1, 2012

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel

Living in the South, everyone is so surprised that I have never been to Cracker Barrel before. However, after hearing that they have some fabulous Christmas decorations (yes, I did witness these first hand and they were right), I put it on my "I'll get to it eventually list". So finally I got to it and kicked off my weekend with a delicious breakfast. The other interesting thing that I have heard about the breakfasts there are that they come with a ton of food and are very competitively priced. Again, they were also right about that. Though I went a different route, you could have gotten the Sunrise Sampler, which includes eggs, grits, biscuits and gravy, fried apples or hashbrown casserole, and either bacon, sausage, or turkey sausage for about $8.00. Talk about large portions. Let me just for warn you that this isn't a super healthy place, but I don't eat breakfast like this very often, so I decided to indulge. I opted for blueberry pancakes. They were light and fluffy and filled with blueberries. They were also served with a homemade blueberry syrup. It is not like the fruit compote that has chunks of fruit or that tastes really artificial. It had a syrup consistency and wasn't overly sweet. These were really good pancakes and felt like you were in your own kitchen. It gets very crowded especially on the weekends, so be sure to get there early!

No comments:

Post a Comment