Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cheescake Factory...For Brunch?

I love The Cheesecake Factory and have been there more times that I can count, but I have to admit that I have never actually been there for brunch. I figured now was as good a time as any to try it. Fortunately, the brunch menu is a bit more manageable than the normal menu, but Sunday for brunch is the only time that the whole menu is available. I stuck with brunch since trying it was the whole reason for going. Again, I faced the ever difficult task of trying to decide whether it was a savory or sweet day. Good thing, I didn't have to decide and got to try some of each. The first dish was a morning quesadilla with eggs, black beans, peppers, onions, bacon, and cheese. These were not flat little things that barely had any insides. These were filled to capacity and full of yummy goodness. It was served with sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole. The guacamole was pretty good and the was perfect for the quesadilla. The quesadilla was browned in a pan, so it was crunchy on the outside and warm, which melted everything all together. The eggs were light and fluffy and the cheese was the glue that held everything together. It was really delicious!
 
For my sweeter offering, I sampled the bruleed french toast. Usually when you think of french toast, it's done with flat toast bread, but this was done with a much different type. It was huge, but held the texture nicely so there wasn't a soggy middle. It was dusted with powdered sugar and topped with strawberries and maple syrup on the side. The french toast wasn't overly sweet and had a nice crust on the outside. It was a much different french toast than what I was expecting, but was a great way to satisfy the sweeter brunch craving I had. This is definitely some place to keep in mind the next time you are looking for a brunch spot. Be sure to get there early, as it does get pretty crowded really quickly. Whether you are looking for brunch, lunch, dinner, or dessert, The Cheesecake Factory has you covered and knows how to do their meals right.

No comments:

Post a Comment