Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lolli and Pops

Photo Courtesy of Lolli and Pops



There is something so fun and whimsical about candy that I can't help but squeal when I see one. I found the most precious place in a most unusual location... the Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa. The store front is dark wood and gold and you walk inside and are greeted to a case of homemade cupcakes and handmade truffles. I was sad that I didn't see the truffles until we were leaving or I totally would have snagged a few. The inside is bright and colorful, but it's still sophisticated with the dark wood accents. There's a whole wall for every flavor of jelly bean imaginable, a chocolate room, and a gummy room. I had a tough time deciding whether I liked the gummy room or the chocolate room more. I went in and told myself that I would only get a few pieces and I was very proud of myself for sticking to that. However, my partner in crime did a little more damage than I did.

I was a little more adventurous in my selections. I tried a chocolate covered sponge cake, gummy cherries, coke bottles, and chocolate covered crispies. I also got to enjoy some chocolate covered gummy bears (which apparently people haven't had before!) and giant chocolate covered raisins...seriously they were the biggest things I have ever seen. I mean putting chocolate with something gummy just makes it ten times better! All I can say is thank goodness I don't live closer to that cute little store or I might get into some real trouble! There is just something so magical about being in a candy store and it's definitely a place where it's okay to not act your age and enjoy the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment