Friday, October 12, 2012

'Fall'ing in love with Shooties

Fall means chilly weather, sweaters, fires, and just being warm and cozy. But let's just be real here for a moment. This is Texas and those kinds of days happen only a handful of times each year and it is usually around Christmas. So the idea of wearing boots sometimes just makes me hot. However I love fall and hate that I can't wear boots. The somewhat recent introduction of the ankle boot has sort of helped with that, but I can never seem to find ankle boots that I really adore. Enter the shootie (or bootie...it's the same thing). Now this is a versatile fall shoe that I can learn to love. What is a shootie you might ask? It is a hybrid of a boot and a pump because it covers up most of your foot and stops right below the ankle. Think of it as a sweater for your feet. I really like these because they can be worn with anything and everything just like a boot, but still have the fierceness of a high heel. Don't think that these only come in basic, boring colors. There are tons of colored, patterned, bedazzled and everything else you can think of versions out there. I found this more neutral pair at Target and liked that there was a little piazzaz to them, but mainly I thought that I could wear them with a ton. You can throw them on with a dress and tights or skinny jeans and a great coat. This shoe is becoming a shoe staple for the fall, so no matter what you are looking for, I know that there are a ton of options out there. DSW is teeming with options right now (I am beyond tempted when I visit), so make sure you grab yourself a pair before they are all gone. This is a great transition shoe to wear in the fall before the cold of winter comes. Knowing that I can at least enjoy some of the fall shoe fashions more often with the shootie makes it a little easier to handle the warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment