Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cookie Butter

So I didn't know that heaven came in a jar until I tried Trader Joe's Cookie Butter. First of all, Cookie Butter is not butter at all. It is a topping, but not like peanut butter either (though it does look somewhat similar). The magic of this is something called speculoos. This is a shortbread/biscuit like cookie that originated in the Netherlands and Belgium for St. Nicholas' Eve (no wonder it's so fantastic... it's a Christmas cookie) and is made with butter, sugar, and spices. Cookie butter is basically a spreadable form of the cookie. It is silky, creamy, and somewhat sweet with a hint of salt. It literally melts in your mouth. I almost can't describe it because it is such a unique flavor and is so delectable! All I can say is that you need to get to a Trader Joe's as soon as possible and try it out for yourself. Come back and let me know what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment