Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sweet SIgn

So recently it was my mom's birthday and I decided that I was going to make a piece of artwork for her. I wanted to do something a little bit different and so when I saw this canvas at Michael's, I decided to go for it. Usually when I try to paint something, it never turns out the way I want it to, so I decided to forgo that frustration this time. I had a piece of magenta, textured felted that I used as the base. Next, I created wire letters that spelled out 'mom' (or 'wow' depending on which way you set it down). To make the letters, I took beading wire and then bent it into the shapes with wire cutters. However, I found that you can't make the complete letter and then put on the beads because they don't fit over the bends... I should have know that, right? For the finishing touch, I added three different shaped buttons to opposite corners. It was a simple way to give her a reminder that I am always thinking about her.


No comments:

Post a Comment