Monday, September 10, 2012

Perfectly Polished


Burgundy is one of the "it" colors for fall, so of course it is going to show up in nail polishes. I found this color by OPI for Sephora. It's beautiful burgundy mixed with gold called "What's Your Point-settia?''...early Christmas color, I think so. Either way, it's still a perfect color for fall and will give you that subtle pop of color you are looking for. I used the Butter London Nail Foundation as the base coat, three coats of color, and then gave it a finishing touch of Hardwear, also by Butter London. I promise you that even though doing a base coat and top coat take a bit of time, it is well worth it. It will make it last so much longer. I did three coats of the color to make it even and a deeper, richer color. I don't usually tend to paint my nails, except for special occasions because it always seems to chip the minute I leave the chair. However, I have made it successfully through a day without it chipping! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it is definitely a feat for me. Though the weather doesn't scream fall yet, it's getting there and there is no better time to embrace the fashion of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment