Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday Brunch at Norma's

Brunch is one of my favorite meals because you can have sweet, like pancakes and waffles, or salty, like eggs and hash browns. For me it's always a challenge to pick between the two. However, when I stopped by Norma's at Le Parker Meridien, I was in luck. I got to have a little of both in one dish. When we sat down, the chef sent out a blueberry mango banana smoothie. It was served in this cute little shot glass and was refreshing and light. I could definitely drink that every morning... if someone made if for me of course. The coffee was served in a french press table side, so it was definitely much better than the coffee made in big batches. But that was just leading up to the star of brunch. Super cheesy french toast. I know, I know it sounds odds and I was hesitant at first, but I am telling you it was so incredibly delicious! The bread used was not the traditional challah bread and there were caramelized onions in the middle. (I have no idea how them got them there, but it was such a surprisingly yummy addition.) It was topped with shredded cheese and pepper bacon and served with au jus and maple syrup. I have didn't jump on the maple bacon bandwagon a while ago, but I should have because it's so delicious! This dish was salty and sweet all in one bite - the bread and caramelized onions were slightly sweet, the cheese and bacon were salty, and the syrup was the ingredient that tied it all together. I would have to say that this is by far the most creative and best french toast I have had. If I had my choice, this would be my "go to" for brunch. If you are in the area make sure to pop in an enjoy a delicious brunch, but go early or make a reservation because it fills up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment