Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sassy Water



Everyone knows that you should drink at least 8 cups of water a day. However, I have not been very good at that but I have gotten much better recently. I challenged myself to drink more water and came across this recipe on Pinterest. Known as "Sassy Water", this is a combination that is supposed to help get rid of excess water weight. How does that happen when I am drinking water you might ask? This isn't just water. This is water with a few key ingredients...cucumber, lemon, ginger, and mint. The cucumber is a natural diuretic and the ginger helps your metabolism and soothes the GI tract. The best part about this is that it is super simple and refreshing! The trick is to drink the whole pitcher every day for four days and you will be on your way to feeling much better on the inside. It's so delicious I think that I might just make this from now on. It makes drinking plenty of water much easier!

Ingredients:
1 peeled cucumber, thinly sliced
2 small lemons, thinly sliced
12 mint leaves, whole
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated

Directions: Combine all ingredients and pour 8 cups of over water over the ingredients. Mix and let sit overnight for the flavors to combine. If you want to strain the water you can, but I had somewhat of a strainer on my pitcher lid, so I skipped that. Then pour yourself a nice big glasses and make a toast to your health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment