Friday, October 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Bagel

Pumpkin is the special at any food establishment you go to these days and Panera Bread is no exception. I happened to be passing by on my morning walk and remembered that I had a coupon for a free cup of coffee. I do enjoy their hazelnut coffee and decided to pop in and grab a cup. While I was in there, I saw the pumpkin pie bagel and decided that I should give it a try. (I have been trying really hard to all the pumpkin stuff, even though it kills me at times.) This bagel, which was more like a large flat donut because there was no hole in the middle, was full of cinnamon and nutmeg flavors with cranberries mixed it. There was a cinnamon crunch topping that added a little bit of texture to the bagel and a very light dusting of powdered sugar. I got even more festive and put some of my pumpkin butter on it to add an extra dose of pumpkin. The bagel wasn't too sweet and would be perfect with some fresh coffee and the morning news. Be sure to stop in to Panera Bread to try this before it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment