Sunday, October 27, 2013

DIY: Weekend Vanity

The ritual of getting ready in the morning or to go somewhere has been somewhat lost. I love the idea of a vanity, but haven't ever had one. When I looked into getting on, I found that there were not every many options and what was available was plain and boring. I have a desk that I have had since I was little, but no longer use it so I decided that I was going to turn it into a vanity. I wanted a bench to replace the normal desk chair and obviously a mirror was necessary. I headed over to Marshalls Homegoods to see what I could find. I ended up finding a dark black and white leather studded bench. The mirror I found was black with a swirled almost lower like design with crystals in it. I didn't exactly know what color I wanted so I headed over to The Green Painter to be inspired.
I ended up with a coral colored called Ballet Cream. I am not sure if this color is what I would have imagined if someone asked me to name a color called Ballet Cream, but I ended up liking it. I used two coats to cover the desk. The paint had a matte finish to it because I didn't want to have something super shiny. I didn't mind if it didn't have a perfect finish to it because I think it added some character to it. It's nice to know that I have a custom piece and that no one will have anything like it. It adds a nice pop of color to my room. Plus if I ever feel like changing it, I am able to do so with a few more coats of paint. This is much better (and more me) than any of the other ones I have seen. If you can use a paint brush, then you can do this in a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment