Saturday, October 26, 2013

Crock Pot Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa

I love quinoa because you can do so much with it. However, I have never made a sweet recipe. I have had breakfast quinoa dish before and it was super tasty and filling, so I decided that I wanted to find a breakfast quinoa recipe. So I headed on over to Pinterest to see what I could find. I was so excited when I found this recipe from The Lovely Vegan Mama for pumpkin breakfast quinoa. I was even more excited when I realized that I happened to have all the ingredients on hand! That rarely happens so I got to work making this right away. Plus I got to use my crock pot which is always exciting. Putting everything and having it smell amazing is definitely something I can do. This is a great fall breakfast and the protein packed quinoa will keep you feeling full and ready for the day.

Ingredients:
2 cups quinoa, uncooked
8 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup maple syrup or agave (I used a combination of both)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
coconut oil spray

Directions:
Spray the crock pot thoroughly with coconut oil. You don't want to deal with trying to scrape any of the baked on quinoa off the bowl. Add the quinoa, almond milk, canned pumpkin, maple syrup or agave, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice to the pot.
Stir together to make sure that everything is combined. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, depending on your consistency preference. It will smell delicious, I promise. You can served with dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts or bananas and you are on your way to a power packed breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment