Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NadaMoo! Ice Cream

Trying to make substitutions for dessert can sometimes be a challenge. I am not always in the mood for a cookie, which is what most alternative desserts are. Unfortunately, sometimes I just want a little bit of ice cream. If I had my choice in ice cream, it would be the one's that are extraordinarily bad for you, so I avoid them. However once in a while, I like to try different versions to see if there are any pseudo contenders (because how can you really replace ice cream?) I tried one made with rice milk and it was downright terrible! I saw NadaMoo! and decided to give it a try. I figured that coconut milk was a bit better than rice milk and I settled on "Gotta do Chocolate" because I was feeling chocolate on my tongue. This ice cream wasn't too sweet and had a nice ice cream like texture to it. The chocolate flavor was rich and dreamy, not fake tasting. I actually like the coconut milk flavor in the background. They have a few other flavors like vanilla, mmm....maple pecan, java crunch and lotta mint chip. I really wish they have a pumpkin flavor because I am definitely in the mood for all things pumpkin but I was definitely satisfied with this substitute. Let me know which one you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment