Friday, October 4, 2013

Ace Pumpkin Cider

I am not a huge beer lover (though I am trying to work on it by forcing myself to experiment), so usually the closest I am to beer is hard cider. The fall makes me want to try more beer since there are lots of flavors like apple cinnamon and pumpkin. While strolling along the aisles of HEB, I happened to get stuck at an endcap display in traffic and happened to glance at what was next to me. Thank goodness that I looked since it got me really excited. It was pumpkin Ace. Ace has a few different varieties like apple and pear, but I have never seen this before. This was either going to be gross or really good. Apple and pumpkin seem like an unlikely combination, but let me tell you that it definitely worked! The apple notes are the first thing you taste and then it transitions into a mellow pumpkin pie flavor without being sweet. I'm sure that doesn't make much sense, but I think that pumpkin cider (or beer) is something that you have to taste because it's a bit hard to describe. If you aren't a huge beer person, but want to get in on the fall flavors, this is a great option to try. Grab some and cheers to the beginning of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment