Saturday, October 12, 2013

Harpoon Octoberfest

I am trying to get into the spirit of Octoberfest, so I decided to try this Octoberfest beer from Harpoon. I knew I was taking a big risk since I was trying actual beer (not cider) and buying a 6-pack. I can't say that I tasted any kind of pumpkin or spice flavor to the beer, but this beer is made in the traditional manner of Octoberfest beers. That means that there is a hint of chocolate and it's not quite as bitter. I can definitely taste the chocolate notes, but I am more of a fan of the pumpkin and spice notes person. I guess I am not the ideal Oktoberfest participant, but I would love to go sometime and am sure I would be a huge fan of the food. I probably won't buy this again, but there are tons of seasonal October beers right now, so get them before their gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment