Monday, May 6, 2013

Saint Genevive


Happy hour is a treat for me, as I don't get to go too often so of course I wanted to try some where new. We popped on over to Saint Genevieve in West Ave for some quality catch up time. Trying new drinks is sometimes just as exciting as the food and the drinks were really unique. I had a thyme, honey and orange champagne cocktail. My friend had a citrus vodka and lavender drink. We started off with some parmesan guacamole. Who would have thought to put parmesan cheese in guacamole?.... I don't know, but it was delicious! It was served with some super thin and crispy pita chips. The guacamole had a hint of tang from the cheese, but was rich and smooth. Since my friend had been a bit more proactive than I had and read the reviews, we decided to split a lobster empanada and crab cake.
The crab was good, but the lobster empanada won hands down! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that the crab cake was bad, it was just the lobster was better. The outside was crunchy and the filling was creamy and rich. The crab cake had a nice balance between the crab and the filler, without having too much mayo or being too bland. Either way you can't go wrong, but definitely try the lobster empanada (and order more than one!) Since those were small, I also tried the short rib taquitos. These weren't too heavy and had lots of fresh hers and texture going on. The drizzle of sauce added enough moisture to the taquito without it getting soggy. I heard that their brunch was to die for too, so I will definitely be back. Saint Genevive is a great place to relax and enjoy some unique food and drinks, so be sure to stop by and enjoy their patio and toast to a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment