Friday, May 3, 2013

Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato

I think that every once in a while a treat is well deserved. One of my favorite treats happens to be gelato, but most of the time it's not real gelato. I recently saw a commercial for gelato from Haagen Dazs and decided to give it a try. Fortunately, I didn't have to decide between too many flavors. My options were cappuccino, stracciatella, limoncello, dark chocolate chip, sea salt caramel, and black cherry amaretto. I went with black cherry amaretto, as I was feeling extra fancy. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was beyond pleasantly surprised! It was rich, silky smooth, and absolutely delicious. I would have to say that it did taste a tiny bit like ice cream, but it was by far some of the best "almost gelato" I have had. The flavors were very natural tasting with huge halves of cherries sprinkled throughout. I had to practice a lot of self-control in order to not eat the whole thing and I will definitely be trying the other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment