Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Curry Hummus

I love hummus, but for some reason I thought it was difficult to make...and up until recently I didn't have a food processor. While flipping through the Cooking Light cookbook I have, I saw a recipe for curry hummus. There were 5 ingredients: olive oil, salt, garbanzo beans, lemon, and curry powder. I figured that it was worth a try and plus I really wanted to use my food processor. Hummus is super easy to make because all you do is add the ingredients and process together. The trickiest part is getting the right consistency, which takes a little longer than I thought. Unfortunately, I took it out too soon, so there were still a few pieces of the garbanzo beans. Though I didn't make perfect hummus the first time, it was easy enough that I will definitely be making it again. This hummus is a great twist on the classic and a light, healthy summer snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment