Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Brunch at Saint Genevieve

There are places that are just so good you need to go back and try multiple times. Saint Genevieve is definitely one of those places. I heard they had an awesome brunch and so of course I had to go try it. They have their full drink list plus an array of special mimosas. We opted for pineapple coconut mimosas which immediately transported you to a beach. (It was even more appropriate considering it was a perfect day outside!) The mimosa wasn't overly sweet and had a very nice balance of flavors....definitely something to sip on while laying on the beach or poolside. Fortunately, my sister is like me and was having a difficult time deciding between sweet and savory... so I convinced her to split one of each with me. 


We ended up with Nutella french toast and an egg white and goat cheese frittata. The frittata was light and fluffy. It was topped with a whole roasted tomato and arugula. The arugula added some mustard like flavor and crunch. However, I wish the tomato would have been incorporated into the frittata instead of on the side. It was a great option if you are looking for something on the healthier side. I'll be honest, some how whenever I do this the super unhealthy choices usually wins (maybe that's because it's always the sweet option and I do have an affinity for sweets), so this time the Nutella french toast won hands down! The whipped cream like Nutella dollop on top melted and covered the french toast on goodness without being too heavy. The banana slices paired nicely with the Nutella and the french toast had a nice golden crust on it. This is a great brunch place, but be sure to make reservations because you might not be seated if you don't. They do their seatings at 11:00am and 1:00pm, which isn't advertised on the website and it was only by chance that we got in. So learn from our almost mistake and go ahead and make reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment