Monday, May 13, 2013

Liberty Kitchen and Oyster Bar

Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar is a quaint place nestled in the Heights, serving fresh seafood specials. Since it was a beautiful spring day, my sister and I headed over to check out the brunch. There were things like french toast and macaroni and cheese, eggs benedict and fresh seafood, however the one thing that caught my eye was the jumbo lump crab salad. It was served on a half a head of lettuce, along with hard boiled eggs, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, asparagus, maple bacon, and of course a helping of crab meat and an Italian olivette dressing.

This decomposed salad was fresh and not too heavy. The texture and sweetness of the maple bacon added crunch and an interesting twist. The crab was fresh and it was fun to get to mix your own salad. It doesn't look like it would be too filling, but it definitely was. The eggs benedict was made with pork belly and house potatoes. I am not a fan of eggs unless they are scrambled or in an omelet, the Hollandaise sauce was delicious. This was a great place for fresh seafood and a laid back atmosphere. However, I do have to say that the next time I go back, I will be trying the shake with a WHOLE piece of cake in it...it looked beyond amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment