Saturday, May 11, 2013

Macaron by Patisse

I will be honest I have never had a macaron even though I think that they are one of the most precious desserts I have ever seen. I really don't know why I have never had them. Potentially I have only seen them in pictures, but I finally decided it was time. Luckily for me a new place opened called Macaron by Patisse. It is a quaint, modern, and sweet little French shop that only sells macarons. The glass cases hold these delicate wafer like cookies with a smidge of icing in between. There were flavors like tiramisu, blueberry vanilla, dark chocolate coconut, and lemon meringue. I love coconut and chocolate, so I went for the dark chocolate coconut and my sister tried the lemon meringue. Don't be fooled that because they are very small that they are just a waste. I assure you that they are most definitely worth it! When you take a bite, you get the crunch of the coconuy cookie that isn't super dry and a hint of the rich chocolate icing. It was perfection! I wanted about a million more. The lemon meringue was fresh and summery. I can honestly say that you probably can't go wrong with any flavor you try. If you haven't already made a trip to Macaron by Patisse you need to go!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your post! We're so happy you enjoyed your visit and the macarons! Please do introduce yourself the next time you're in the shop! (Sukaina, owner - MACARON by Patisse)

    ReplyDelete