Monday, May 27, 2013

Boeri Mocato D'Asti

Moscato D'Asti gets a bad name because it's so sweet and not very wine like, but Moscatos were the first wines I had. I got made fun of for drinking them, but it worked for me. I recently joined invino, which is an online website that has flash sales on boutique wines. These wines aren't usually produced in large quantities and are offered an an affordable. I have been a member for a while and just haven't found the right wine to try yet. However, when I saw this one, I figured now was as good as time as any. Though the wines are offered at affordable prices, it is the shipping that tends to get a bit pricey. This was about $11 without shipping. I decided I wanted to make sangria and decided that this was a perfect time to try the wine I ordered. It was absolutely delicious with a lingering honey aroma. I almost wish I hadn't used in it the sangria because it was so yummy. However, I do have to say that the sangria I made with it was perfect. It was a combination of the Moscato D'Asti, Sierra Mist, frozen raspberries and frozen peaches. It was effervescent and delectably sweet. I can say that I will definitely be finding a way to get my hands on some more of this because it might need to be a staple in my wine collection. It would also be a great dessert wine or wine for those who are just entering the wine world. Thank you invino for an amazing find!

No comments:

Post a Comment