Friday, May 24, 2013

Down House Brunch

One of my favorite things to do is catch up over brunch. It is one of the few times where I don't feel rushed and everything just seems to taste better. I have been hearing rave reviews about Down House in the Heights, so I figured it was time to make a visit. The restaurant was a bit larger than I expected and have a nice shaded outdoor patio. Even though it was one of the hottest days we have had this year, it was pleasant in the shade. How else can you kick off brunch then with a mimosa and a popover? The popover, which had a nice crunch to the outside was served with butter, raspberry jam, and lemon curd. The popover wasn't too awesome on its own, but definitely paired well with the lemon curd and raspberry jam. Plus lemon and raspberry just make a perfect pair.

After perusing the menu and having to decide between lunch and breakfast, I ended up with breakfast tacos - black bean and egg and bacon, served with some lovely minted fresh fruit. These tacos were actually a bit deceiving because they look pretty small, but were filled to the brim with deliciouness. One taco was black beans, queso fresco, avocado, and a bit of pico de gallo. The other was scrambled egg, cheddar cheese, and big pieces of applewood smoked bacon.

These were definitely some of the best tacos I have had in a while and gave me the fuel I needed to take on the day. The next time I am definitely trying the chicken and waffles. Not only have I not ever had chicken and waffles, but because the spicy honey glaze on the chicken is out of this world. Down House is a great place to relax and enjoy good food and great company. So if you are looking for a place to grab brunch or unwind, head on over to Down House and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment