Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pumking Beer

It's that time of year where all the pumpkin recipes are beginning to emerge and you should start to feel a bit of crispness in the air. I won't be experiencing a temperature change for a while, but I am trying to get in the fall spirit with foods. I was lucky enough to get my first pumpkin beer recently. Southern Tier Brewing Company is located in New York and surprisingly has only been around since 2002. However, they are taking the beer world by storm. The Pumking Beer from Southern Tier Brewing Company tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. I didn't believe it at first, but I assure you it does. There is a subtle spiciness to it from allspice, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg (the quintessential spice mix for pumpkin pie). Vanilla and a nutty aroma help round out the flavor and create that pumpkin pie in a glass taste. I am not a huge beer person, but this is definitely a seasonal treat that I might indulge in. If you haven't tried it, be sure to pick up a few to try before they're all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment