Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Protea Wine

There are days when all you need is some great wine and even better conversation. Fortunately, both those things occurred recently but the wine really caught my attention because it came in a gorgeous bottle. Protea is a Chenin Blanc wine from South Africa that boosts flavors of pear, citrus and honeysuckle. It is a very light wine with lots of bright aromas without being super sweet. I can't say that I have tried Chenin Blanc wines a lot, but this one certainly made me want to try them. The bottle doesn't have a label but rather an ink that fuses to the glass that features a paisley and Cape Dutch design. I know that repurposing wine bottles is a huge trend right now, but it had enough style to be used as is. This bottle will be a beautiful vase and what more could you want than getting a delicious wine and super fun "vase" for under $20?!

No comments:

Post a Comment