Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fig Butter

I haven't journeyed to Trader Joe's for a while and I decided that it was time to make a visit. This was a potentially dangerous task for me since they have some awesome stuff and I usually end up with a lot more than I went in for. However, this was my challenge to myself so I grabbed my list and headed over. I made sure to mentally remind myself that I should only go to the aisles of things that I actually needed. On one of those aisles, I happened to be passing this and I couldn't resist - fig butter. Butter that isn't refrigerated?...turns out it wasn't butter at all....it's really more like preserves.  I was surprised when I looked at the ingredients and it was just figs, water, sugar and lemon juice (told you it wasn't butter). So I grabbed a jar and headed to the check out because I was on the verge of getting into trouble. Fortunately, that was the only thing that came home with me that wasn't on my list. Winner! I decided that I needed to try this asap and found that it wasn't super sweet, but instead a tiny bit tart and full of fig goodness. If you like figs then you definitely need to try this! It's a perfect fall flavor that you can set out when you need a quick dip for crackers. Just pick up a jar for yourself and I am sure that you will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment