Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cheers to Super Bowl Sunday!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! As much as people say this day is about football, let's be honest. It's all about the food. Whether you are doing a huge party or a small get together with a full meal or tons of snack foods, food is the tie that binds us all together. I know that beer is usually the drink of choice this day, but since I am not a huge beer lover, I am mixing it up and going with the wine (slightly less caloric than mixed drinks, though sometimes not as fun). I was wondering the wine aisles and found this fun looking bottle of wine called esteio vinho verde from Portugal. I had never had a vinho verde before, but I decided to give it a try. Plus the label said it was a sweet and fizzy wine, so I thought it could be interesting. Vinho verde is a region in Portugal and the name means young wine, however, I was slightly disappointed to find that this wine was neither sweet nor all that fizzy. It was slightly acidic, crisp and had some mineral hints. I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of a moscato, but it wasn't my favorite. I definitely tend to enjoy more floral and fruit aromas in my wine. However, if you like a crisper wine, be sure to give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment