Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ecco Domani

Wine is a product where there are almost unlimited options. There are always new finds and varietals being produced, so I can guarantee you will never get board. This was a random find while at the grocery store. I realized that the way I have picked wines recently has begun to change. I used to only look at labels, but now I was selecting a specific region and the choosing one based on the label. However, I have not had very good luck recently so maybe I just need to go back to my old ways. Anyways... this Italian Pinot Grigio from Ecco Domani was much better than my last choice. It was crisp and acidic, however what they called floral notes, I thought more of as mineral, earthy aromas. Either way, this was not a fruit laced wine, which was something new for me. I do have to say that it seemed to get better the longer you let it breathe and was better with food then by itself. If you are looking for a great light wine, this would be a good option...plus it won't break the bank. Cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment