Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brunch at MAX's Wine Dive

I would have to say the brunch is some of my favorite meals. There is something sweet, something savory, and there are always yummy drinks. For me, when I go to brunch time slows down and I get to relax, catch up with people and enjoy life. However, I don't get to go that often, so I am not really familiar with all the best brunch places. I heard that MAX's Wine Dive had a super brunch and the menu looked delicious! I had actually been there one time before for dinner and had MAX and cheese, which was to die for! I am a huge fan of macaroni and cheese and this one is definitely tops the list, so I figured that brunch would be just as good. Of course brunch stared off with yummy mimosas, so that set the tone for a good time. I got really excited when I saw that the MAX and cheese was a brunch option! I don't usually order the same thing, but this was just heaven in a bowl, so I decided to order it again. I was even luck enough to convince my friend to share with me, so I did get to try something new as well.
Enter chicken wings on jalapeno corn pancakes. I can honestly say that this is probably something that I would never order on my own, but boy was it good. The chicken wings had a nicely flavored coating on them that wasn't too spicy and wasn't too overwhelming. The jalapeno corn pancakes were delicious! The jalapenos provided a smokey note to the pancake, which was nice since I was expecting it to be super spicy. They were moist and fluffy and actually really good with the maple syrup. It was a little bit of sweet and a bit of savory in each bite, plus you got to pick up your food and eat it. MAX's is definitely some where I will be going back to for brunch, as I hear that their red velvet pancakes are heavenly. Guess that means I know what I am getting next time. Whether you are going for brunch or dinner, MAX's is somewhere you need to try, but make a reservation or get there early as it gets really busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment