Wednesday, February 20, 2013

S'more Cookies Please!

I love s'mores and got really excited when I saw this recipe for s'mores cookies on Pinterest. This recipe from Instructables is easy and not something you will see every day. It's like a chocolate chip cookies with the crunch of graham crackers and toasted marshmallows. I had graham crackers crumbs on hand, but if you don't you get to make your own by quickly throwing them in the food processor. Mix together the graham cracker with flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then cream the sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Mix the egg and vanilla with the butter and sugar mixture, followed by the dry ingredients. I decided that I wanted extra chocolate chips in the cookies, so I added them in before putting them on the cookie sheet to bake at 350 for about 6-8 minutes.
While the cookies are cooling, you get to toast the marshmallows. Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet under the broiler. I did mine in the toaster oven, but the ones on the edge didn't really get that toasty. Do not walk away from the marshmallows while they are toasting! It happens quickly and you don't want them to burn. You need to work quickly to use a buttered spatula to move the marshmallows onto the top of the cookie. They cool and then start to stick to the pan and the spatula. I might suggest doing smaller batches so that you can get the marshmallows to the cookies before they cool too much. The finishing touch is a chocolate drizzle. I can honestly say this tastes exactly like a s'more and is one of the best cookies I have made. The gooey marshmallow, the crunch of the graham cracker, and the sweetness of the chocolate is a symphony of flavors! This is a fun treat if you are doing an indoor camping night or a fun birthday treat. They are pretty easy to make and won't be around for long!


No comments:

Post a Comment