Monday, February 25, 2013

To MAX's!

I know that I recently talked about my first brunch experience at MAX's Wine Dive, but it was so good I needed to go back and share the experience with some more of my friends. Plus I needed to try the red velvet pancakes because that's all I kept hearing about! However since I brought a long a friend, I didn't have to decide between savory or sweet this time at brunch. I got the best of both worlds. The menu this time was a mushroom omelet with jalapeno cheddar grits, eggs any style, and red velvet pancakes. Though I didn't try the eggs any style, it came with homefries, bacon, and toast and it smelled delicious. The mushroom omelet was fluffy and smooth. The thyme and mushrooms gave it an earthy quality and the cheese added a perfect touch of creaminess. The grits were amazing. I haven't had a lot of grits before, but these were smokey from the jalapeno but not spicy. The completed the flavors of the omelet very well.

What's brunch without dessert? These red velvet pancakes, RVP, were topped with a dallop of lemon cream cheese and it was like a fluffy heavenly cloud. It tasted like red velvet, but wasn't overly sweet and the lemon was a nice touch. It added an extra something special and something I will definitely add into my next red velvet cake. If you get a chance to try these, I promise you won't be disappointed. Next up on the menu for my next trip to MAX's wine dive are the Nutella banana crepes and the creme brulee french toast. I would say that there is plenty left for me to, brunch or dinner, so I am sure that I will be back many more times. Thanks again MAX's for such a delicious meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment