Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Breakfast Klub

There is nothing better than meeting friend for breakfast, especially when you get to enjoy a wonderful meal just like you were at home. The Breakfast Klub is a well-known establishment in Houston and I am embarrassed to admit that I just now made it there. We went early to avoid the block long line that forms later in the morning. The two breakfast specialties of The Breakfast Klub are the chicken and waffles and the fried catfish and grits. Ever since my trip to Charleston, I feel as though I have become a grits snob so I am cautious now about trying grits. I can't say that I am a huge fan of catfish, so I opted for my version of the first option - chicken and pancakes. This came with six giant pieces of chicken (3 wings and 3 drumsticks) and 3 platter size pancakes. Just the normal Texas sized portions - everything is bigger and better in Texas right? The chicken smelled amazing and was fresh from the fryer! The coating had a nice crunch to it and lots of seasoning. The chicken was steaming hot and fresh...some of the best fried chicken I have had. The pancakes were light and fluffy, but to be honest they weren't anything super duper special. That could be because I never order plain pancakes so it could just be that I don't have the proper palate to compare plain pancakes. If you haven't been to this Houston staple, you need to make sure that you do. Make sure you go early to avoid the huge line and be sure to bring a hearty appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment