Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wine Shakes

As I was reading the Houston Tidbits update email, there was a blurb tucked in the bottom corner that caught my eye. The Counter was advertising their seasonal wine shakes. Yes, you read that correctly...wine shakes. I am all for trying new things and who would turn down a free sample of anything. So I grabbed a friend and headed over to The Counter for lunch. The Counter is  more upscale your own burger place, with tons of toppings and cheeses for all kinds of burgers, and super yummy parmesan garlic fries, sweet potato fries, and onion rings.

The samples of the wine shakes came in these cute little glasses and were topped with a dallop of whipped cream. The first one we tried was a cherry Pinot Noir shake. It had a subtle cherry hint and wasn't overly sweet. You could definitely taste the wine, but it wasn't overpowering. It was surprisingly delicious and definitely made me reconsider how versatile wine could be. The second one was a sweet peach Reisling shake. The wine was much subtler in this one, where you caught the wine note at the very end. It was fruity and light, though the wine wasn't as prominent. I can say now that I am definitely a fan of the wine shake and will have to work on finding out how to recreate them at home. These shakes are only here today, so stop by and try it before they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment