Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Garland

Last year I found this adorable light and ribbon garland on Pinterest that I made. It's super simple to make, but it does take some time. All you do is take a strand of lights and tie leftover ribbon or tulle on it. I didn't have that much leftover ribbon, so I just bought additional ribbon that coordinated with what I already had. I chose not to go the super traditional route and incorporated some fun color and patterned ribbon. This year while on Pinterest, I started seeing that "Merry Christmas" banners and thought it would look really cute with the light and ribbon garland I had. I decided to challenge myself and only make it with things that I had on hand. I started out with a gift tag template and traced it onto construction paper. Each tag was a letter and since I had different colored ribbon on the garland, I used all the colors. This is a great way to use up any leftover supplies since the tags are pretty small and each one is different. After I did one for each letter, I used mini clothes pins to hang them on a string in the light and ribbon garland. The best part about this is that you can make it your own and make it as simple or ornate as you want. I kept mine on the simple side because my garland was so colorful. I know it may seem overwhelming to start from scratch, but there are tons of ideas on Pinterest and once your creative juices get flowing, it will be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment