Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love when people send me recipes so that I can try something new and to find out what people think I would make. I recently got a recipe from a friend for cream cheese chocolate chip cookies from Bake or Break. I know for sure that I have not made a cookie with cream cheese before and haven't really run across that many either. I found this to be a very simple recipe, but it made a super yummy and slightly unique cookie. The process is simple: mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Using a mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter, white and brown sugar. Add two eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour mixture and finish by stirring in the chocolate chips. The batter is much thicker than a usual batter, so don't be alarmed. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (mine took 11 minutes). These do not get brown like a regular chocolate chip, so be careful not to overbake them. Cool them on the pan on a wire rack.  These cookies are light and fluffy, don't crumble, and slightly addicting! They are some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have had and it has definitely made my go to cookie list. I am so glad I got to try something new and appreciate the tip :) These are perfect for a cookie exchange or for a quick gift. Whip up a batch and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment