Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fabric Christmas Garland

I am one of those people that always likes to buy extra supplies for a craft project because that way I'll have enough if I make a mistake (which it seems like I inevitably will). However, this also means that I will have leftover supplies that I need to turn into a new project. I had some leftover red and green Christmas fabric and tied them to a cord to make a fabric garland. This is a much smaller version of the ribbon Christmas light garland I made a while back (which I absolutely love!). You can make this be any length, but because I was using what I had on hand mine was pretty short. I put mine around a canvas that I painted with the names of the reindeer. Of course Rudolph is in red and sparkly because you can never use enough glitter, especially around the holidays.

Supplies:
Strips of fabric, cut into about 6-8" long*
Scissors
White cord

*I estimated everything, so I don't have an exact length of each piece of fabric. I just made it long enough to tie a knot and then used that as a template for cutting the other pieces.
Directions:
 All you need to do is cut all the fabric and then tie it to the string. I only did single knots with the fabric, but if you want to double knots then you will need to cut the fabric to be a bit longer. I had more of the red fabric, so I did two red strips for every one green strip. This is a pretty quick and easy project where the hardest part is cutting fabric, but is a wonderful addition to your holiday decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment