Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Traditions Merlot

I never knew that Christmas wine existed, but I noticed in The Fresh Market flyer I got in the mail that they were advertising their line of Christmas wines. (I think it just means that these wines are only released during the holidays.) This holiday line of wines includes a Merlot, Chardonnay and Muscato. I happened to be open to trying a red wine so I went for the Merlot. The bottle had a festive label with a wonderful winter scene, getting you in the holiday mood before you opened the bottle. The wine had a wonderful red fruit aroma and was less tannic than some other Merlots I have tried. It would go wonderfully with a pot roast or steak and potatoes. If you are new to the red wine world, this would be a great wine as there are a lot of fruit notes in the wine. This has a much smoother mouthfeel and is less dry than other red wines. Ringing in at about $8, there's no reason not to try this wine so stop by The Fresh Market today and pick up a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment