Friday, December 6, 2013

Cheesy Rosemary Garlic Biscuits

One of the things that I have not really experimented with in the kitchen are biscuits. I am not really sure why I have shied away from the bread, but I suppose it's because I don't eat all that much bread. I figured that Thanksgiving would be the perfect time for me to make these cheesy rosemary garlic biscuits. They seemed simple enough, though I was cheating some what because the recipe called for Bisquick. Either way the recipe sounded yummy so I decided to give them a try. These smell heavenly when they are baking and fortunately turned out to taste just as good as they looked. The cheese and the rosemary butter on top definitely made these biscuits feel more upscale. I am okay with the fact that I didn't make these from scratch because they taste delicious. If you are looking for a new biscuit to serve at Christmas dinner, be sure to give these a try.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh and chopped
2 cups of Heat Smart Bisquick
1/3 cup (or 3 oz) of shredded Parmesan cheese
2/3 milk, fat free*

*Note: I used whole milk as that's what was on hand.

Directions:
Mince the rosemary and melt the butter and the garlic in a pan. Meanwhile line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick, Parmesan cheese, and the other garlic clove. Stir together and then add in the milk. Be careful to only mix until all the ingredients are combined. 
Once the garlic cooks for about a minute, take it off the heat and add the minced rosemary. Drop the biscuit mix by tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 400.
Then brush or pour the melted butter over the biscuits and bake for an additional 5 minutes. They should be golden brown on the tops when you pull them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment