Thursday, December 12, 2013

Brenner's on the Bayou

A while ago, I had the opportunity to visit Brenner's on the Bayou for an events open house. We were able to tour the grounds and sample the cuisine. The grounds are beautiful and the food was delicious, but I hadn't actually eaten in the restaurant. Luckily for me, I got to go back and finally eat there. I thought it was beautiful in the summer, but I was surprised by gorgeously it was decorated for Christmas. There was a giant Christmas tree by us so of course we had to utilize that photo op. There is also a patio bar that I am sure would be beautiful in the spring. When I was there, it was enclosed and heated for a private event. Guess I need to go back and check it out when the weather is warmer. I do have to say that the service was not top notch but the food and atmosphere sort of made up for it.

I opted for the chipotle shrimp and grits. The shrimp were pan seared with lemon butter and served with maple glazed house made bacon on top of pico de gallo grits. I have never had pico de gallo grits before, but they were good. They had tomatoes and green onions with a bit of sauce. There wasn't so much sauce that the shrimp and grits were drowning in it, but it was enough to keep everything flavorful and tender. The shrimp had a very light buttery taste to them and the grits were creamy but not too heavy. If you are looking for a special occasion, be sure to keep Brenner's on the Bayou in mind as they have a lovely location. However, I do hope that you get better service that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment