Sunday, July 7, 2013

Middle Sister Pinot Grigio

For me, the thing I crave most during the summertime is sangria. It is so light and refreshing with two of my favorite things, fruit and wine. Plus it's fun to play around with different wines and fruit because a wine by itself is different once you infuse fruit into it. This California Pinot Grigio from Middle Sister was crisp, slightly acidic, but finished with notes of citrus. It would be a great wine for some white fish, a salad, or just sip by itself. I, however, opted for sangria. I used frozen peaches and raspberries mixed with Sierra Mist Natural. The fruit and soda added enough sweetness to help balance out the wine. Middle Sister has a whole line of tempting wines that I need to try...and no I won't make sangria out of all of them! If you are looking for a light summer wine, this one is something you should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment