Friday, June 14, 2013

REEF

There are sometimes when I just in the mood for some seafood, but I am not very familiar with the seafood restaurants in the area. At the recommendation of a very trusted source, I grabbed a friend and headed over to REEF. Located in Midtown, REEF is a hot spot that is drawing attention from all over the food world. I started off with an adult fresh berry lemonade and one of their super delicious rolls with a jalapeno jelly. The lemonade was refreshing and full of natural berry sweetness. The rolls were light and the sea salt on top was a nice touch. I usually shy away from anything that is remotely related to jalapenos, but I gave they jelly a try and was pleasantly surprised. It was sweet with a kick, but the flavors were well balanced. I stared off with a warm shrimp salad with haricot verts and spiced pecans. The shrimp and pecans were delicious, but I was not really a fan of the micro greens that were served with the shrimp.
I am never going to turn down macaroni and cheese and when I saw fried mac and cheese on the menu it was a must have. To be honest, I know that it doesn't look all that visually appealing, but I can assure you it was yummy in my tummy! There was a panko breading on the outside and the mac and cheese had a bit of heat to it. The spiral shaped pasta made sure that there was sauce on all parts of the noodle. It was soo delicious (definitely worth the calories though) and I will be making another visit. And you can't finish a wonderful meal without a fabulous molten chocolate cake. It was served with vanilla ice cream and a raspberry coulis. The cake was decedent and the ice cream didn't have the usual artificial vanilla taste. The molten chocolate was rich and almost a fudge like consistency. It was a heavenly end to a perfect catch up dinner! If you haven't been to REEF, be sure to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment