Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mediterranean Mint

Gelato is one of my favorite desserts, but I try to stay away from it as it is very easy to overindulge. I really enjoy how creative gelato flavors are, like black pepper or lavendar, because ice cream flavors tend to be a bit more normal. Finding frozen gelato at the grocery is always a struggle, as it usually tastes like ice cream. However, there is one brand that rules them all if you are willing to splurge - Talenti. It is on the expensive side, but for the few times I treat myself, I am willing to pay the price. As I was struggling to make it down the aisle without looking at the ice cream, something unfortunately caught me eye. It was a container of Mediterranean Mint gelato and I caved (plus it was an Easter treat to myself). There was no way I was going to be able to leave, so I put it in my cart and hurried away before I saw another irresistible flavor. The mint was subtle and refreshing, giving it a much more natural mint flavor. The chocolate chips weren't overly sweet and added just the right amount of crunch to it. I forced myself to practice self-restraint as I am sure that I could have eaten most of the container. I am not sure what the difference is between regular mint and Mediterranean mint, but I do know that it was a like eating heaven. If mint isn't you thing, they have tons of other flavors like salted caramel and Tahitian vanilla, which I have also tried. So whatever your mood, I am sure that there is a Talenti gelato for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment